Monday, July 4, 2011

Imajica (Clive Barker)

I've decided to abandon this book. After a week, I'm only 20% done, and it's becoming a real chore, so I'm moving on to other books waiting on the shelf. This is a grand vision kind of book, very convoluted, and I have never really grabbed a thread I can follow through the maze. There are these 5 dominions, which might be planets or alternate planes of existence, and 4 of them are joined so that travel between them is easy, but Earth (maybe our planet, maybe our whole universe) is a 5th dominion that's relatively isolated from the others. The rituals and processes that can allow people fro Earth to travel to the other dominions and invoke entities from there to come here are basically magic, which nearly caused some kind of cataclysm at some point in the past, so magic is systematically squelched by a secret organization. There is a character who is obviously from another dominion, who is an assassin but also a good guy, and two other characters who I think are going to prove
to be as well, but they don't know it. It's all too vague for me, and I've given it all the time I plan to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment