Friday, January 14, 2011

The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Alexander McCall Smith)

This quiet, charming book describes the inner life of a thoughtful, caring Scottish woman, a philosopher and new mother, in a loving relationship with the baby's father. There are a couple of minor mysteries, but no real detection as such. It was peacefully enjoyable. The big news about this is that it was the first book I checked out of the library electronically and read entirely on my iPod Touch. I always said I would get a book reader when I could get library books on it, and now I don't need to buy a reader - my existing device will do it. The technology certainly isn't fully mature yet (there aren't enough titles or copies, so there's a waiting list for almost everything, and no good way to search the list), but it's still quite a milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment