Monday, December 31, 2012

Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (Eoin Colfer)

In this second book of the series, Artemis sets out to rescue his father from Russian gangsters, but gets drawn into an attempted coup down in the fairy world when Captain Short, his nemesis from the first book, thinks at first he's behind it. It is full of the fun elements from the first book - very smart centaurs, very stupid goblins, wicked villains with plans for world domination, and Artemis, the boy genius. Tons of fun. I enjoyed it, and will keep reading the series. It's interesting, though - the first book in the series I listened to during a long car trip, and I found myself missing the lovely accents as I read the words. I may choose to listen to the next book, instead of reading it in text.

No comments:

Post a Comment