Saturday, August 20, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (J. K. Rowling)

Now that all the movies are out, I've decided to start over again with the books, reading them all in order to remind myself of the whole story, including all the parts the movies left out. The story is so magical (pun intended!) and so amazingly creative! I don't care that a few minutes with Google would have solved much of the problem, or wonder why Snape didn't tell Dumbledore about Quirrell. I just get caught up in the whole adventure of it. This story fulfills a deep need of all of us (not just children) to imagine that the world is full of delicious, dangerous, thrilling secrets, hiding just around the corner, and that I can learn to step around that corner and be part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment